College and Alumni Program
To improve college persistence and completion rates by providing personal and financial support, connecting students to resources on their college campuses, and creating opportunities for college scholars and alumni to engage with each other as well as with the high school program.
College Program Components:
- Up to $16,000 in need-based scholarship funding
- Check-ins each semester to monitor academic progress as well as personal and financial well-being
- Individual support and guidance in addressing obstacles that may interfere with college completion
- Ongoing engagement in order to maintain a connection with the program and to capitalize on their first-hand experiences as college students
- Biannual newsletter highlighting college scholar and alumni achievements
- Remain enrolled full-time at a 4-year, not-for-profit institution in pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Earn at least a 2.5 GPA each semester
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree within 5 years
- Graduate with a manageable amount of student loan debt
- Remain engaged and in regular communication with program staff throughout college
We have a long-standing tradition of engaging our College Scholars and Alumni with our high school program. Our Scholars and Alumni have worked as tutors and retreat staff, assisted with workshops, contributed to our newsletter, hosted scholars during campus visits, served on the Scholar Selection Committee, assisted with planning group gatherings, and have given back to the program in any way they can. This tradition of service and strong sense of community is, we believe, what differentiates Simon Scholars from other programs. Our vision for the Simon Scholars Program is that, over time, it will become largely driven and operated by our scholars and alumni.