How to Apply
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 12, 2021 AT 5 PM MST.
A complete application includes:
- Online application form
- Two letters of recommendation (submitted electronically)
- Family income verification (most recent tax returns)
- High school transcript
You can download a copy of the application to preview the questions on it.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, GATHER THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
Family Background and Financial Information
- Names and ages of all members of your household and of your siblings
- Financial information of your parent(s) or guardian. Specifically, you will need to provide your family’s Adjusted Gross Income which is line 37 on IRS Form 1040. For self-employed parents, you will also need to submit Schedule C of IRS Form 1040. If parents are exempt from filing taxes, you will have an opportunity to indicate why. You will also indicate if your family receives child support, alimony or social security income. You will need to provide a copy of your parent or guardian’s taxes to your school’s Simon Scholar Liaison.
- Your current employment information
- Your involvement in high school and community activities such as clubs, sports, volunteer service, performance, church or tribal activities.
- Your high school honors and awards
- You will be asked to verify US Citizenship or your status as a Permanent Legal Resident. If you are a Permanent Legal Resident, you will be asked to provide your Alien Registration Number (also referred to as A-Number or USCIS#, an 8 or 9 digit number that can be found on your Permanent Resident or “Green” Card).
- Although your essay responses can be typed directly into the application, we suggest that you create your own responses in a separate document and then copy and paste them into the online application. This will allow you to check your word count and spelling. You can download the short-answer essay questions here.