If you are interested in becoming a Simon Scholar and you meet the following criteria, please speak directly to your high school guidance counselor or designated Simon Scholars Liaison, listed below, for more information. A representative of the Simon Scholars Program will visit your school to discuss the program and answer questions.
1. Must be enrolled in a designated Simon Scholar High School. Our designated Simon Scholars Liaisons for our partner schools are:
Karen Squires , AVID Site Coordinator
New Mexico School for the Arts:
Acacia McCombs, Science Teacher
Julieta Salazar, AVID Site Coordinator
Alejandro Jimenez, College Plaza College and Career Coordinator
Randi Banach , AVID Coordinator
Clarissa Sandoval, College and Career Readiness Counselor
Native American Community Academy:
James Montoya, College Engagement Co-Director
Shannon Douma, College Engagement Co-Director
Liz Pfeffer, Director of College Transition
Sandra Aaron, Assistant Director of College Transition
2. Must be a current sophomore with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
3. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
4. Must demonstrate significant financial need. Below is the general guideline the Program uses when considering an applicant’s financial need.
Students whose household income is near to the figures listed below will receive stronger consideration than those whose household income is significantly higher than the levels listed below.
5. Must be on track to graduate on time.
6. Must submit a completed application along with academic transcript, two letters of recommendation, personal essays and parental income verification (tax return).